To solve the problem of thin and rare hair, not only home recipes are used. For this purpose, special salon procedures, therapeutic techniques have been developed. Proper nutrition, lack of stress and well-chosen hair care products will consolidate the result.
What affects the density of hair
- Genetics. Thick strands in natural blondes, brown-haired women, brunettes (in descending order), and in red-haired and Far Eastern Asians, the density indicator is low.
- Age. After 30-40 years, the hair rods become thinner, the follicles weaken, the strands are thinning.
- Care Features. Daily shampooing with aggressive shampoos results in thinning of the hair.
- Physical and mechanical effects. Daily use of ironing, curling, hair dryer adversely affects the volume of the hairstyle.
- Health status. Physical illness and psychological stress are causes of hair loss.
Hair growth conditions
The root of the hair shaft is in the bulb. At the stage of active growth, a follicle is formed in it - a complex of cells that produce keratin (the basis of the hair). The duration of this phase depends on how much the strands grow without a haircut.
Over time, the follicle contracts, moves to the surface of the skin - the hair stops growing. After 2-3 months, the core drops out, and the cycle starts again. If the bulb does not come out of suspended animation and does not form a follicle, the hair thins.
Causes of long “hibernation” of hair follicles:
diseases (hypofunction of the thyroid gland, seborrheic dermatitis);
- lack of protein, minerals, vitamins;
- hormonal imbalance.
Staining, blow-drying, use of styling products do not force the bulbs to “sleep”. The hairstyle thins, because they elasticize hair, break off at the very root.
Reasons for the loss
- Strict diets.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Emotional upheaval.
- Allergy to cosmetics and paint.
- Past operations, physical injuries, high body temperature.
- The habit of twisting or pulling locks.
- Hormonal changes.
- Iron deficiency anemia, thyroid disease, secondary syphilis, autoimmune pathology, fungal infection of the head.
How to achieve hair density
The result will give only 10% of the existing methods in their complex application. Hair will appear thicker by increasing their thickness, elasticity and volume. It will take at least six months.
Get enough sleep, drink more water, eat a balanced diet.
- Take a walk before bedtime, swim, take hot baths with essential oils, and massage.
- Learn meditation practices, dance, sing, draw.
- Always wear a hat (bathing cap, warm hat, scarf) to protect your hair from the sun, frost, wind, dust. Be sure to wash your hair after exposure to chlorine.
Include cereals, pasta, fish, meat, eggs, vegetables, greens, dairy products in the menu.
Do not overeat - obesity changes the hormonal background.
To make thin hair thicker, eat foods 3-4 times a week:
salmon - supplies protein, fatty acids to the body;
- the eggs - protein, iron, omega-3;
- almonds, cashews, walnuts - fatty acid;
- greek yogurt - protein;
- green and black beans - folic acid, proteins;
- oranges - vitamin C, pectin, organic acids;
- avocado, olive oil - omega-3.
Take your hair for MAV diagnostics - analysis of trace elements and dangerous toxins. According to the results of the study, the doctor will prescribe a specific vitamin or complex of 2-3 items. Multivitamins are ineffective because they are poorly absorbed in the presence / absence of each other. Separately, you can take fish oil, biotin, ascorbic acid.
Group B vitamins regulate hair growth, support metabolism in the scalp and accelerate the regeneration of damaged cells. Vitamin A reduces peeling, prevents dandruff and restores bulbs. Ascorbic acid normalizes iron metabolism, strengthens blood vessels.
Phototherapy is effective in combating alopecia, diffuse hair loss and skin inflammation. Exposure to light improves cellular metabolism, blood supply and oxygen saturation. After a course of 5-15 sessions, hair growth accelerates, head soreness decreases and inflammation decreases.
To make liquid hair thick, undergo laser restoration. The head is irradiated with a stream of bright light, which penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin. Sleeping follicles awaken, blood flow increases, more oxygen enters the tissues. Result: thick, thick curls. The treatment course - from 3 to 10 procedures (session - once a month).
An effective way to make hair thicker is 8-10 mesotherapy procedures (injections into the scalp). A cocktail of vitamins, minerals, proteins gets into the bulbs and stimulates their work. After a course of mesotherapy, the hair becomes soft, thick, voluminous, their loss decreases, itching passes.
Cosmetics for hair density
The funds are divided into two groups:
For care. Shampoo, conditioner, mask, balm, oil, serum, ampoules with an active composition. Cosmetics cleans, nourishes, moisturizes, restores.
- For styling. Spray, foam, mousse, gel, varnish, thermal protectants. Fix hair for 6-12 hours, protect from high temperatures.
For rare hair, choose sulfate-free shampoos. Sodium lauryl sulfate and its aggressive analogues completely wash off fat from the scalp, which causes irritation, itching, dandruff, and increased brittleness. Be sure to use conditioner after shampoo. There are products on sale that increase the thickness of the hair.
Special cosmetics for thin and rare hair visually adds thickness - makes them voluminous, shiny, moisturized. Choose a biotin or keratin shampoo.
Do not buy balm or conditioner with silicones that burden and glue thin strands.
Suitable products have 60-70% natural composition.
Wash your hair only with soft water.
- After using shampoo or conditioner, rinse the strands with a solution of lemon juice or vinegar, a decoction of chamomile, plantain or sage.
- Use a sulfate shampoo once a week to remove accumulated dirt.
- Do not comb until the strands are completely dry.
- Use a comb with natural bristles.
- Apply cosmetic oil only to split ends.
- Once a week, make a mask that thickens thin hairs.
Use fixing foams, mousses, varnishes. Means envelop each hair and make it thicker. After 2-3 weeks of regular use, the hair will become stronger, more voluminous.
- avocado oil and argan oil;
- vitamins B;
- flax extract.
Be sure to use thermal protective cosmetics with a minimum of chemicals - 50% of the ingredients must be natural. Of all types of thermal protection, a spray is suitable for thin hair. Before leveling with ironing or curling, apply the product on dry or wet strands. Before drying with a hairdryer, grease the tips to protect a couple of drops of oil.
Professional methods of care for curls are more effective than folk recipes, but more expensive. To make the hair visually thicker, the procedures are performed with a course of several sessions after a short period of time (from a week to a month), and correction is required to maintain the result.
The effect after visiting a beauty salon lasts from 6 weeks to 2-3 months. The cost of professional care is from 2000 rubles. (for lamination with keratin) up to 10,000 rubles. and higher (for building).
Deep hydration and recovery
To get smooth, dense strands with a natural shine, visit the beautician once a week. Course - 5 sessions.
Stages of the procedure:
The hairdresser applies a thick mask, covers his head with a hat.
- Heats the hair with a climazone (a design of several infrared lamps and spirals, which are united by a common frame) for 10 minutes.
- The master washes off the cooled mask.
Serum with Intra-Silan in 10-15 minutes for 2-3 months fills the voids of the hair shaft, in which there is no protein. Lotion with keratin, amino acids, vitamins fixes the result - shiny, smooth, thicker hair.
Biolamination. Sealing hairs in a film of protein and cellulose of plant origin.
- Shielding. Useful substances of the composition penetrate into each follicle, and an additional protective film forms on top.
- Glazing. Glaze is applied to the strands, which gives a healthy look to the hairstyle.
- Elution. The Elumen paint technique, which is released by Goldwell.
For two hours, the cosmetologist covers each core with a protective film that seals the biologically active compound inside. After the procedure, the hair thickens, their color becomes more saturated. The effect lasts 6 weeks. The disadvantage of lamination is the rejection of sulfate shampoos, styling products.
Stages of the procedure in the cabin:
Selection of a composition for lamination, depending on the type and condition of the hair.
- Application of a laminate.
- Heating means 15-30 minutes to activate its healing properties.
- Laminate washing, hair drying.
For the procedure, only natural hair is used that is suitable in structure. Correction is done 1 time in 2-3 months.
Three methods to thicken hair with donor bundles:
Cold. Fibers are fixed with special glue, micro-rings or metal clips.
- Hot. Master uses keratin or tar. The heated material forms a capsule that sticks together the "native" and donor strands.
- Capsuleless. Fixation is performed by heat-sensitive sleeves that allow moisture and air to pass through. The hairdresser is tying a bundle at the root, on which he puts on a sleeve with a donor strand. The master clamps the design with forceps heated to 120 ° C - the fibers are fixed at the roots, but the native hair is not clamped.
For hair follicles to work actively, they need nutrients and oxygen, which are transported into blood cells. The lymphatic system removes toxins. Massage and aromatherapy stimulate blood circulation and accelerate lymph outflow.
Do massage one hour before shampooing. The procedure stimulates the sebaceous glands - the roots become oily.
- Perform massaging movements with warm hands vigorously, but not abruptly. Do not press hard on the skin or scratch it with your nails.
- The first sessions last 2-3 minutes, gradually the time increases to 15 minutes.
- The easiest way to do massage is to comb the strands by performing 50-100 movements in different directions. Other manual techniques: stroking with your hands, rubbing and kneading with your fingertips.
The scheme of movements so that the hair is thick:
Tilt your head forward, begin to massage the base of the neck.
- Gradually rise higher.
- Pay attention to the crown, temples.
- Stroke eyebrows, rub forehead, again whiskey.
You can massage your head intuitively as you like.
Put two drops of your favorite essential oil on the comb: after combing, the styling will shine, it will smell good. Perform the procedure no more than twice a week. When washing your hair, add 1-2 drops of aromatic to shampoo or conditioner.
Essential oils for rare hair:
St. John's wort
Before applying cosmetics, be sure to do an allergy test.
Essential oils are not applied undiluted.
To create fragrant masks, choose a base oil: olive, almond, peach, coconut, wheat germ or grape seed. In 15 ml of any base, add up to three drops of essential oil. Apply to wet / dry strands or rub into scalp. The exposure time is 40-60 minutes, the course is 10-12 procedures 2-3 times a week.
Masks for hair density
To maximize the effectiveness of the mask, follow the rules:
Apply home remedies to dry hair, purchased - to wet.
- Spread the mixture first among the partings, and then along the entire length of the strands. Cover your head with polyethylene and a towel.
- Wait 30-40 minutes, rinse with shampoo and cool water.
- After washing your hair, lightly pat your hair with a towel. Do not rub or twist them.
- The course of different masks is indicated in the recipes. Follow the recommendations.
- For maximum effect, prepare a fresh batch each time. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for no longer than two days.
For dry hair:
Heat 125 ml of kefir 3.2% fat.
- Stir the drink with 1 tsp. castor / burdock oil, add the yolk.
- Apply the mixture, rinse after an hour.
In 150 ml of warmed kefir, stir 1 tbsp. l dry mustard.
- Add the yolk, 1 tsp. honey and almond oil, 1-2 drops of rosemary or lemon essential oil.
- Apply on hair, wait 30 minutes. With severe burning, rinse immediately.
Dissolve 4 tablespoons of live yeast in 125 ml of warm kefir. Stir and place in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Add to the mixture 1 tbsp. l honey.
- Apply to the head, leave for 30 minutes.
Ricin oil stimulates the formation of keratin, moisturizes the scalp, and saves hair from brittleness and dryness. Castor can be applied undiluted, rubbing into the roots for 15-30 minutes.
Repeat hair mask stimulating hair growth twice a week:
Rub into the scalp a mixture of equal parts of castor oil and alcohol tincture of red pepper.
- Wrap a towel. Leave for two hours.
Mask for hair loss:
Squeeze the juice from the onion, chop aloe, mix with castor oil in a ratio of 1: 1: 1.
- Apply the mixture for 1 hour.
Alcohol warms the scalp and improves blood circulation - more nutrients come to the bulbs. A good effect is given by masks made of beer, cognac, red wine.
Mix two egg whites in 250 ml of beer.
- Apply a mask evenly over the entire length of the hair.
- Rinse off after 40 minutes.
Mix 50 g of cognac with yolk and 1 tbsp. l heated honey.
- Pour in 1 tbsp. l olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Apply to hair, rinse after half an hour.
Mix 50 g of red wine, 1 tsp. honey and 1 tbsp. l whey.
- Heat the mixture to body temperature.
- Apply to hair, rinse after a third of an hour.