Laryngitis often manifests itself as a complication after a cold carried on the legs. The choice of a drug for recovery depends on the form of the course of the disease and the treatment of laryngitis in adults consists in eliminating the causes of the disease, the source of inflammation, but both in the chronic and acute course it is equally good to use folk remedies at home.
What is laryngitis in adults
The process of inflammation of the mucous membrane of the larynx and ligaments - laryngitis has a cold or is associated with infectious diseases (measles, whooping cough, scarlet fever). Other factors lead to the development of inflammation: hypothermia, abuse of nicotine and alcohol, overstrain of the vocal cords. The disease can occur in acute form, and with a prolonged course, frequent relapses develop into a chronic condition. Symptoms of the disease are:
- reddened, swollen laryngeal membrane;
- hoarse dry cough;
- severe sore throat;
- hoarseness, sometimes loss of voice;
- general intoxication of the body (fever, headache).
For the appointment of drugs should contact the ENT or therapist. Treatment for laryngitis in adults is a combination of drug and non-drug methods. Drug therapy provides for systemic antibacterial drugs (antibiotics) in conjunction with topical drugs. In the subacute stage, physiotherapeutic procedures are prescribed, inhalations are performed with a nebulizer. In addition to medicines, you need:
- Voice calm.
- Quitting smoking (including passive) during treatment.
- Normalization of the microclimate, optimal humidity in the room.
- Reception of sparing food, excluding rough, hot, spicy food and spices.
How to treat laryngitis at home
In case of illness, it is very important to protect the vocal cords, not to strain them with conversations that can provoke more stress, lead to severe swelling of the larynx. General treatment of laryngitis at home in adults should occur with supportive measures that support the main treatment:
- The investment brings a warm drink (tea, decoctions of herbs, chicken broth, fruit drink).
- Several times a day should be rinsed with decoctions of herbs or milk in a warm form.
- Try not to overcool and observe, if possible, bed rest.
- Swelling of the larynx and ligaments effectively reduce hot foot baths.
- A good result is given by inhalation with herbal infusions and soda.
The drug complex includes funds taking into account the participation in the inflammation of infectious components and allergens. Used drugs for laryngitis in adults:
- antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral topical preparations in the form of sprays, lozenges, lozenges;
- instillation with antibacterial solutions (carried out in a hospital);
- expectorants for the appearance of sputum;
- mucolytic drugs;
- antihistamines - with allergic laryngitis and severe laryngeal edema;
- vasoconstrictor drugs - to relieve swelling of the nasal mucosa.
Pills for laryngitis in adults
With inflammation of the throat, pills fight viruses, soften the epithelium, and alleviate the symptoms of the disease. With severe pain, anti-inflammatory non-steroids are prescribed. Complex therapy is supplemented, as a rule, with antihistamines and means to maintain immunity. Common pharmacological drugs are topical antiseptics with an antimicrobial effect, a softening, analgesic result:
- Without a voice, not only friendly conversations become impossible, but also practically all communication in society. Of course, there are SMS and other ways of communicating with the text, but do not rely too heavily on them. At the first sign of loss or change of voice, you should take care of his health and start taking HOMEOVOKS. Homeovox is a drug that was developed specifically for the treatment of laryngitis and hoarseness. The drug will carefully eliminate the inflammation of the vocal cords, regardless of its cause.
- Pharyngosept. Effective against infections of any type: viral, bacterial. Pros: almost no contraindications, allowed for pregnant women. Cons: no.
- Tonsilgon. Effectively used against inflammation of purulent and purulent (as part of complex treatment). Pros: herbal components, prophylactic effect. Cons: allergic manifestations are possible.
- Lysobact. The complex of natural antiseptics and vitamin Pyridoxine acts against bacterial and viral infections, activating immunity factors. Pros: does not inhibit microflora, is allowed for pregnant women. Cons: no.
As a medicine for laryngitis in adults, antibiotics are used in the chronic process and in the acute stage of the disease in cases of confidence in understanding the nature of the origin of the bacterial pathogen. As a rule, appoint:
- Amoxicillin. Recommended for severe illness. Pros: a drug from the penicillin group is relatively safe for the body. Cons: negative reactions of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Ceftriaxone. The medicine of the cephalosporin group has a broad antimicrobial activity. Pros: quick effect. Cons: allergic reactions.
- Sumamed. The drug of the macrolide group is active against intracellular pathogens. Pros: suitable for allergies to the two above groups. Cons: high price.
Adult Laryngitis Spray
Pills successfully fight pathogens in the circulatory system. At the local level, sprays that uniformly irrigate the entire surface are effective for the laryngeal mucosa, while negative impact on the body is minimized. Only an otolaryngologist will select the right drug among a large pharmaceutical choice:
- Hexoral. Destroys viruses, fungi, bacteria. Pros: 12 hours activity. Cons: for a mild form of the disease.
- Miramistin. Universal preparation of complex action. Pros: not absorbed through the skin and mucous surface. Cons: individual intolerance.
- Lugol. Active against fungi, bacteria, forming a protective film. Pros: prevents coughing. Cons: many side effects, is contraindicated in pregnant women and children under 5 years old, with a viral origin of laryngitis is not used.
Bioparox for laryngitis
Spray containing a local antibiotic stops inflammation, creates a bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect in the larynx. Fusafungin, which is part of it, acts on most bacteria, reaching the bronchioles, thereby accelerating recovery. Allergic reactions from Bioparox are rare, while swelling of the mucous membrane quickly decreases, and a sore throat passes. The duration of treatment with the drug should not exceed a week.
Treatment of laryngitis with folk remedies
The conservative treatment of laryngitis in adults is well supplemented with alternative therapy. The following methods are useful especially for the chronic development of laryngitis and people with occupational disease (exacerbation from tension of the voice during work):
- Breathe over boiled potatoes with the addition of eucalyptus leaves, chamomile.
- Take an infusion of ginger root with honey.
- Chew pine resin, ate as a disinfectant.
- Dig in sea buckthorn and olive (sunflower) oil.
- Dissolve a mixture of aloe juice with honey.
- Apply infusion of onion husks to gargle.
- Apply warm compresses, avoiding the thyroid gland.
Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.