Pigment spots are darkened areas of the skin that appear with increased production of melanin. Often they arise in old age, more often are benign. Spots on visible parts of the body often cause psychological discomfort. To get rid of them, you need to contact a dermatologist, find out the causes of the appearance. You can lighten dark areas in beauty salons or on your own, at home.
What causes age spots
Melamine gives skin color. When this pigment is distributed unevenly, darkened areas may appear. Areas often affected by ultraviolet radiation often suffer from this:
- the outside of the hands;
The causes of the appearance of dark spots on the body:
- A change in the hormonal background in pregnant women, during menopause, with diseases.
- Taking medications.
- Age-related changes in the skin.
- Disorders of the digestive tract.
- Chronic stress
- Vitamin deficiency in the body.
- Frequent visit to the solarium.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Light skin, red hair color.
What helps from age spots
Before getting rid of dark areas on the skin, you need to undergo a examination by a dermatologist. The doctor will conduct an examination, establish the cause of pigmentation. Sometimes it is necessary to conduct tests, make a tissue biopsy to find out a benign or malignant formation. Consultation with an oncologist, general practitioner or neurologist may be required. According to the results of the examination, treatment is prescribed.
If dark areas on the skin are not hazardous to health, you can get rid of them in beauty salons. People go there if the spots are large, located on visible parts of the body, cause psychological problems.
Beauticians conduct treatment based on contraindications. Some treatments have side effects.
The price of cosmetic procedures is high, but the result is noticeable quickly.
If there are contraindications for medicines, salon procedures, recipes for traditional healers can be used. Such treatment takes more time, but is inexpensive, practically has no undesirable reactions. These methods can be used in childhood, during pregnancy and lactation.
Treatment for age spots
Benign dark areas on the body do not cause health problems, safe for life. If the spots do not cause discomfort, it is not necessary to get rid of them. Otherwise, after consultation with a dermatologist, they are treated with drugs, physiotherapy.
Doctors often prescribe whitening creams, which include hydroquinone, retinoids. To treat age spots with the help of drugs you need 1-2 months. The duration of the course is set by a dermatologist.
After treatment, the skin becomes sensitive to the effects of ultraviolet radiation, so before going out, sunscreen must be applied.
The skin is well clarified by phototherapy. During the procedure, pulsed streams of light that have a specific wavelength (550-1200 nm) are directed to the pigmented areas.
The skin heats up, melanin begins to absorb radiation, pigment destruction occurs.
At the same time, the surrounding tissue is not damaged. Squirrels curl up, the spot becomes darker for a short while. After 3-4 days, the skin begins to peel off, a new layer of a healthy color appears
To achieve the maximum effect of phototherapy, it is recommended to conduct from 3 to 10 sessions, between which take a break of 3-4 weeks. The characteristics of the process, for example, wavelength, penetration depth, are determined by the doctor. This takes into account dry or oily skin type, size of the age spots, the presence of chronic diseases.
Contraindications for the procedure:
- Liver disease.
- Predisposition to bleeding.
- Skin sensitivity to light.
- Nervous excitement.
Removal of age spots in the cabin
Beauticians remove dark areas with the help of cryotherapy - freezing with liquid nitrogen. They apply laser, ultrasonic methods, do peeling and dermabrasion.
Before the procedures, the doctor talks with the person, finds out if there are any contraindications, talks about possible adverse reactions.
The beautician is sure to give tips on care after removing the dark spot.
During the procedure, the upper keratinous layer of the skin is removed. Peeling helps to get rid of black spots on the face, even out color, increase tone, enhance collagen production. The cosmetologist individually selects the composition of the product, the duration of the procedure, taking into account the location of the dark areas, the depth of melamine.
Chemical peeling with fruit, lactic acids, almond, glycol or retinoic acid will help get rid of spots on the skin. To completely remove a dark spot, a course of 2-4 sessions is required.
The procedure has contraindications:
The period of pregnancy, lactation.
- Burns, scratches, damage.
- The tendency to form scars.
- High body temperature.
- Dark skin.
- Herpes and rosacea.
During the procedure, deep grinding of the face occurs with the help of a rapidly rotating brush. This is the most painful way to get rid of dark spots, it is often carried out under general anesthesia. With dermabrasion, the upper layer of the skin is removed, which is replaced by a new one. The procedure has a greater effect when alternating with chemical peeling.
Rehabilitation and renewal of the skin after dermabrasion takes about six months.
The first 7 days you need to wear a special bandage. Then it is removed so that a crust appears, which, after some time, disappears. To get rid of small, not very dark spots, you need 1-2 sessions. In the presence of large, black, formations, more than three procedures are required.
age up to 18 years;
- skin inflammations;
- pregnancy or breastfeeding;
- suppuration on the face;
- increased tendency to scarring;
- mental disorders;
- infectious diseases;
- bleeding disorder.
A beautician may recommend over-the-counter products. They have a lower concentration of active components. The most popular are lotions that contain deoxyarbutin, glycolic or kojic acid. These substances well eliminate senile spots, small areas with darkening.
Professional products should be used in the morning and evening for 2-3 months. Their use is better to stop if during this time it does not work to get rid of dark formations. Prolonged use may cause skin irritation.
So that dark spots do not appear again, after any salon procedures, you need to apply sunscreen.
Cosmetics must have more than 30 SPF, be waterproof. The cream should be applied to the face, body parts that are not covered with clothing. Such funds are used before each exit to the street.
Home remedies for age spots
To get rid of dark areas on the skin, you do not need to visit a beauty salon, you can make the compositions yourself. They are easy to prepare, components for recipes are in every kitchen. If you do not want to damage the skin, before using home remedies, consult a cosmetologist or dermatologist.
To get rid of dark spots on the skin, you need to use this substance with great care. Hydrogen peroxide (peroxide) can cause a burn, so use a drug with a concentration of 3%. If it is larger, dilute the product with purified water.
Smear pigmented spots on the body or on the face need to be targeted.
Dampen a cotton swab with peroxide and apply gently to the skin. Wait 5 minutes, rinse with running cool water.
A quick result will help to obtain a peeling with hydrogen peroxide:
Take 0.5 tbsp. l body powder powder, 1 tbsp. l peroxide.
- Stir the ingredients to make a paste.
- Apply to clean skin.
- Wait 3 minutes.
- Remove with cool water.
- Apply a moisturizer.
To get rid of stains, do a compress:
Take 1 tsp. lemon juice, add 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide.
- Fold gauze in 3-4 layers, dip into the composition.
- Attach to the pigmented area.
- Hold for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
The treatment of facial pigmentation at home is carried out using potatoes. The juice of this vegetable brightens the skin, nourishes, improves the appearance. Mask Recipe:
Rinse and peel the potatoes.
- Rub on a coarse grater.
- Squeeze the juice.
- Dampen a cotton pad in it, wipe your face.
- Wait 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
A composition that will additionally moisturize the skin, increase elasticity, and tighten the facial contour will help cope with pigmentation:
Take 1 tbsp. l liquid honey, lemon juice, milk powder.
- Add 6 drops of almond essential oil.
- Apply components with a cosmetic brush.
- Hold for 10 minutes.
- Remove with warm water.
Stain Mask Recipe:
Squeeze lemon juice, add egg white to it, 1 tsp. sugar, mix.
- Apply a mask.
- Wait 10 minutes, rinse with water.
Parsley brightens dark areas of the skin, saturates with vitamins:
Finely chop a bunch of greens.
- Put 1 tsp. low-fat kefir, lemon juice.
- Add 10-20 drops from a vitamin A capsule.
- Mix the ingredients, apply the composition on the face.
- Wash off after 15 minutes.
Before getting rid of age spots, wash yourself.
- Wipe dark areas with any antiseptic, such as Miramistin. Suitable hydrogen peroxide, which disinfects the skin, enhances the action of zinc.
- Apply and gently rub the ointment.
- Use the product 2 times a day.
- Apply the ointment until the dark spot begins to lighten. The course of treatment is 2 months. Then you need to take a break for 4 weeks and continue.
- Do not apply ointment under foundation.
To eliminate side effects, test before applying the product to your face.
Lubricate your wrist, wait about 60 minutes. If rashes, irritation or itching do not appear during this time, use face ointment. When pigmentation is accompanied by dry skin, you need to add melted butter to the zinc-based product. This will prevent tightness, eliminate peeling, itching.
How to mask spots on the face
If areas with pigmentation cause severe aesthetically discomfort, they can be hidden with makeup:
Cleanse your skin, use a moisturizer.
- Apply a color-correcting base to the dark area. It will highlight an uneven shade, adjust this area to the color of the skin.
- Take the pink color corrector, apply on the finger, begin to drive into the pigmented area.
- Match the concealer to your skin color. Apply it in the same movements. If your skin is oily, select a dense pencil-shaped cosmetic.
- Use a tonal foundation that matches the shade. Cover the problem area with blotting movements. To make the makeup last longer on the face, use a tonal product with a minimum fat content.
- Lastly, apply powder on top with a brush. Work the pigmented area of the face with a sponge, making a driving motion.
Prevention of the appearance of age spots
Recommendations to prevent darkening of the skin:
Do not be in the sun from 10 to 15 hours. At this time, the rays are as aggressive as possible.
- Use a sunscreen before every exit from the house, even when the weather is cloudy. It must be protected against two types of radiation. UVA - long ultraviolet rays that can penetrate windows, clouds. UVB - have an average length, but are more dangerous, provoke serious burns, cancer.
- If you are on the beach and swimming, renew your sunscreen every 2 hours.