There are several effective industrial and folk remedies, using which you can check in practice how to completely get rid of cockroaches at home, permanently drive them out of the apartment. The war with uninvited mustachioed guests should begin immediately after they are discovered. Use against parasites, folk recipes proven for decades, or arm yourself with modern drugs.
What do cockroaches come from?
If you have uninvited neighbors - red or black representatives of the cockroach world, then the fight against these parasites should be started in the very near future. What causes cockroaches in private homes, high-rise buildings, dormitories? There may be several reasons why insects can start at home:
- Access to food. The baby left on the floor from the sandwich, or the remnants of food in the pet's bowl is a noble treat for the mustachioed guests. Unsanitary conditions complicate the process of combating individuals. When there are no free sources of food other than poison, they will have to treat themselves with a toxic compound, and you can get rid of them.
- The abundance of water. Like every living creature, these representatives of the insect of the world need water to live. Drops around the sink, shower, on washed dishes - a source of life for them. Wipe off moisture thoroughly to prevent uninvited guests from appearing at home and exterminate them sooner if they have already come to you.
- Ways of penetration from the outside. Cracks, crevices in floors and walls are open doors for insects to enter. You can reduce the likelihood of them getting in and organize protection for your home by carefully closing all the loopholes you can see.
What are cockroaches afraid of?
To know how to force insects to leave your home, it is better to get to know them better. Although legends make up the vitality of these insects, there are some factors that they fear and carefully avoid. The following is unbearable for them:
- too low and high temperature;
- boric acid;
- certain chemical and natural odors (kerosene, cedar, ammonia, eucalyptus and others).
Breeding individuals should begin immediately after detecting signs of their living in the house: they multiply rapidly and fill up housing without a reliable means. Cockroach control will be effective with an integrated approach. Keep clean, clean water sources and use drugs or folk methods to get rid of them. If there are insects not only in you, but also in the neighborhood, then you need to starve them together. When the individuals settled in the basement, you will have to call a specialized service to disinfect the room.
Ways to fight cockroaches
There are several ways to destroy baleen enemies. Set aside immediately as a method of confronting insects, slippers: it is impossible to find and destroy each individual. Acting solely by observing cleanliness in the house is also not an option; these representatives of the animal world can go without food for a month. The following methods of controlling cockroaches are considered effective:
- folk remedies;
- essential oils.
Modern remedies for cockroaches
A powerful way to defeat insects is to buy chemicals for cockroaches. When choosing this withdrawal method, extreme caution should be exercised. Chemistry is dangerous not only for uninvited visitors, but also for the legal inhabitants of the apartment. Industrial preparations are the best remedies for cockroaches, but not the safest. Modern manufacturers suggest using the following forms of poison to kill and scare away mustached enemies:
- gel (Global);
- powder (borax);
- crayon (Mashenka);
- pencil (Titanic);
- spray (Baron);
- paste (doublet);
- houses in which individuals stick to the walls and can not get out;
- poison traps.
Folk remedies for cockroaches
Not in any case, chemical methods of getting rid of insects can be used because of the danger to households or lack of finances. There are folk remedies for combating cockroaches that have proven their effectiveness over decades. It is important to be patient, do not expect an instant result. Often recipes that can poison insects contain:
- essential oils;
- boric acid;
How to get rid of cockroaches in an apartment
If you decide to independently develop a plan on how to get rid of insects in the apartment by means of chemicals or alternative methods, start with the following measures:
- conduct a thorough cleaning;
- temporarily remove pets from your home;
- remove or close all water containers;
- cover the toilet;
- pack products in airtight bags;
- cover the garbage bin with a tight lid;
- Throw the bodies of individuals and flush them into the toilet every day.
From red cockroaches
In nature, there are more than a dozen cockroach varieties. More often than others, red individuals - Prusaks - appear in human housing. For their existence, a comfortable temperature and moisture are needed. It is difficult to get rid of red cockroaches, because their endurance is impressive. They can spend 30 days without food, and without water - 7. To lime the Prussians, you need to buy powerful chemicals or use proven folk recipes.
From black cockroaches
The black representatives of the cockroach world are not as tenacious as their red-headed brothers, so getting rid of black cockroaches is a little easier. Follow the same methods: to limit the ability to eat and drink, connect drugs from the store or independently prepare a poisonous remedy. All methods of dealing with redheads effectively cope with their black relatives. If the methods known to you do not help, entrust their destruction to professional pest control.
How to etch cockroaches in an apartment
To ensure that individuals begin to die, use the most powerful drugs, but at the same time protect your household and animals. The most universal way to poison insects in an apartment is to use insecticides in any available form (gels, aerosols, powders). Processing can be carried out in winter and summer, the main thing is to observe safety measures and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
How to drive cockroaches out of an apartment
The easiest way to deal with mustachioed insects is ammonia. Mix 2 teaspoons of the liquid with a bucket of water and wash the floors thoroughly. This smell is unpleasant for them and will help to drive them out. Such a measure is not very effective, so it is better to use it in combination with other means, for example, with a gel or balls with boric acid.
How to get cockroaches at home quickly
In order to get rid of the problem in a short time, it is worth using several methods in the struggle. An integrated approach will help speed up the process of extermination of individuals. Be sure to observe the rules of hygiene of the room. To get rid of cockroaches at home quickly, use an effective spray. Treat the apartment and leave it for 5-6 hours. Upon return, destroy the dead individuals. A quick-acting remedy will not help against eggs that will certainly hatch soon, so additionally treat the apartment with gel or powder.
How to get rid of cockroaches with boric acid
A frequently used, effective and effective remedy for cockroaches is boric acid. When you need to get rid of cockroaches with boric acid, choose one of the following recipes:
- Add a little mashed potato to the hard-boiled egg yolk. Add to the “treat” 40 g of the acid in question. Roll up the balls from the resulting mass and place them evenly around the apartment.
- Stir boric acid in water, place a drinker near the sink. Completely exclude other sources of water so that individuals do not have the opportunity to satisfy their need in another way.
- Combine flour, sugar and acid in equal parts. Add a little water and stir. From the dough, mold the balls and arrange them around the house.
Electronic remedy for cockroaches in the apartment
Another known way for you to get rid of cockroaches is with electronic repellers. Today, an electronic remedy for cockroaches in an apartment has not yet supplanted other methods of combating insects, but the devices are actively sold. All devices that are inserted into the outlet and help get rid of baleen insects can be divided into two types:
- ultrasonic - a powerful ultrasonic signal repels insects;
- electromagnetic - an electromagnetic field is created in which individuals cannot be.
Cockroach Essential Oils
Insects do not like certain smells. They do not kill them, but only scare them away, therefore, essential oils are used in combination with poisons. To affect uninvited guests, dilute a few drops of oil in a glass of water and wipe the places where they appear. Diluted fragrant drops can be distributed on the walls and floor using a spray bottle. A few drops of oil, dripped over the baseboard, in the crevices, at the kitchen table, under the microwave, will help to say goodbye to insects. Cockroaches do not like the following oils:
- lemon balm;
How to deal with cockroaches in the kitchen
The kitchen is an ideal habitat for insects. The abundance of food and water, nooks and crannies - a real cockroach paradise! To fight cockroaches in the kitchen, start by observing cleanliness and using traps. With their help, you can assess the degree of infection of the premises. If necessary, use one of the chemical or folk remedies. Once the population has been destroyed, monitoring through traps should be carried out periodically.