Rabbit meat is a tasty and healthy dietary product. How to bake this meat in the oven to make a tasty dish?
Rabbit is widely used in diet food. People who monitor health and weight enter it into their diet. How to cook a rabbit in the oven, not everyone knows, most consider this process time-consuming and difficult. Our step-by-step instructions and recipes will teach you the tricks of cooking. When buying a rabbit, choose a carcass weighing 1.5-3 kilograms. Fresh meat has a white color with a pinkish tinge, it is tight to the touch.
Among the advantages of this type of meat, it is necessary to distinguish the following:
- Rabbit contains two times less calories and cholesterol than pork or beef (136 kcal per 100 g of product).
- Rabbit meat is 85% muscle, while pork is 50% fat.
- It contains a large number of amino acids that are beneficial to human health.
- If beef is only 60% digestible, then rabbit meat is 90% absorbed.
- This type of meat is considered hypoallergenic.
The methods for preparing rabbit meat are different. It is stewed, fried, boiled, made into stews, soufflés or pastes. However, the rabbit, baked at high temperatures in the oven, comes out especially tender and mouth-watering, therefore this method of preparation is popular among cooks.
Product Preparation (Pretreatment)
Before starting the cooking process, rabbit meat should be cooked. To do this, burn the carcass over the fire, removing existing villi. Rinse the meat thoroughly under running water. Then place the carcass in a deep pan, fill to the top with water and soak for 7 hours. Next, rinse the rabbit again with clean water and place on a wire rack to allow glass to liquid. Before cooking, wipe the carcass with a paper towel, soaking up excess moisture.
The best bunny oven recipes
Among all the known recipes, there are those that are easy to rely on for novice housewives. Learning how to work with this meat, you can complicate the dishes, showing imagination and adding different ingredients. If the child will cook the meat, it is recommended not to overload it with spices and additives, but to give the baby a taste of natural meat. But for the festive table, original inclusions of spicy herbs and exotic fruits, mushrooms and cream are suitable.
Whole stuffed rabbit
Apricots, which are stuffed with carcass, give the meat piquancy. Wine emphasizes its tenderness and lightness, and slices of ham add satiety to the finished dish. The recipe looks complicated, but it is only at first glance. It’s simple in work, stuffing is stuffing the rabbit’s abdomen with the selected components, and an important point is the need to fix the edges so that the filling does not fall out during cooking. Try it, it’s delicious and worthy of even a festive feast .-
- rabbit carcass;
- half a glass of quality dry red or pink wine;
- a can (200 ml) of canned apricots (if desired, replaced by canned peaches);
- 100 g peeled walnuts;
- 170 g of ham;
- salt, pepper, favorite seasonings.
- Dry the soaked rabbit with a towel. Rub it with a mixture of salt and pepper.
- Drain the liquid from the apricots and chop them into small pieces.
- Finely chop walnuts.
- Mix apricots with nuts and stuff the resulting mixture with stuffed carcass. Tie it with threads so that the stuffing does not leak out when baking.
- Place the carcass in a roasting pan with sides, pour wine.
- Lay on top of a rabbit ham or bacon, sliced into long strips .-
- Cover the meat with foil.
- Place the roasting pan in an oven preheated to 200 degrees, and bake the dish for about an hour.
- Remove the foil and continue baking the stuffed rabbit for about a quarter of an hour.
- Serve the finished dish hot, having previously freed the carcass from the threads. Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the rabbit.
Rabbit with potatoes
According to this recipe, a delicious hearty dish is prepared, which is perfect for a festive table. At the same time, this method of baking is good for diet food, because it does not have mayonnaise and other high-calorie additives. The meat is soft and juicy, does not dry out, but the vegetables have time to soak in meat juice. Herbs are easy to replace with your loved ones, but it’s better to use dried ones rather than fresh ones here .-
- rabbit carcass;
- 7 pcs potatoes;
- 4 small tomatoes;
- 130 g of bacon;
- 2 onions;
- salt pepper;
- marjoram, rosemary;
- one tablespoon of olive oil and dry wine.
- The dried carcass must be cut into portions.
- Cooking marinade: mix marjoram with rosemary and wine. Rub the rabbit meat with this mixture. Leave it to marinate for an hour.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut into medium-sized slices .-
- Peel and cut the potatoes in small pieces.
- Add finely chopped onions to the potatoes.
- Mix tomatoes, onions and potatoes. Salt, pepper, add vegetable oil.
- Bacon lengthwise cut into long strips .-
- We wrap each portion piece with a strip of bacon .-
- Put the prepared meat in a deep baking dish.
- On the sides of the meat pieces we spread the vegetable mixture.
- We bake the dish in the oven at a temperature of 250 degrees for 1 hour.
How to cook in the oven with sour cream
A simple and quick recipe that will become a lifesaver for inexperienced housewives. Sour cream will soften the meat, make it juicy, and onion will add density to the sauce. Greens are optional. it can be removed if the dish is intended for children. Pieces of meat should not be small, but not large, so that everything is evenly stewed. It is better to choose non-fat sour cream so that it does not add weight to a dietary dish. Buckwheat or rice will serve as a side dish, this roast also goes well with potatoes.
- rabbit carcass;
- 4 large heads of onions;
- 4 things. medium-sized carrots;
- 400 ml sour cream;
- salt pepper.
- The rabbit is soaked in water for several hours, washed and dried. Cut into portioned pieces.
- Salt the prepared pieces, pepper to taste. Fry them in a hot frying pan with the addition of vegetable oil on all sides until golden brown.
- We put the meat on a baking tray with high sides.
- We cover the meat with onions, sliced in half rings, and carrots, sliced in rings.
- Pour the ingredients with water to such a level that the meat is not completely covered. This will be the process of stewing, not cooking.
- Cover the mold and place in the oven preheated to 200 degrees for one hour.
- After an hour, remove the pan from the oven. Open the lid, pour sour cream on the dish and again send to bake for half an hour.
- Fans of a pungent and spicy taste are advised to mix sour cream with a tablespoon of mustard and soak the meat with this sauce.
For fans of juicy dishes, this cooking method is perfect, since this option involves cooking meat in sauce, which is then poured into the main side dish.
- rabbit meat (about a kilogram);
- 1 PC. onions;
- 1 PC. carrots;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- a glass of vegetable broth;
- 1 tsp vinegar
- vegetable oil for frying;
- salt, pepper, spices.
- We washed and dried carcass into small pieces, removing bones.
- We put the meat in a deep plate and fill it with a glass of water mixed with vinegar. Pickle for 2-3 hours.
- In vegetable oil, fry the chopped onion and grated carrots in a pan. In vegetables, add crushed sweet peas for flavor.
- Separately, fry the prepared meat in vegetable oil until golden brown. Do not forget to salt and pepper it.
- Add the fried meat, crushed cloves of garlic, onion and carrot dressing to the roasting pan. Fill everything with vegetable broth.
- Bake the dish in the oven for 1.5 hours at a temperature of 180 degrees.
- At the end of cooking, pour the broth into a separate bowl, add a little starch to it and warm it up - you get a delicious sauce that perfectly complements any side dish.
- Do not overdo the dish in the oven, otherwise rabbit meat will become stiff and tasteless.
- The unpleasant odor will disappear (even with hare), if the meat is marinated in acetic water before cooking.
- Rabbit meat goes well with spices such as rosemary, oregano, cloves, allspice. Cranberries and junipers are also suitable as a flavoring supplement.
- To make the finished dish soft and soft, it is recommended to cook rabbit meat in thick-walled dishes, baking pots are an excellent option.
Watch a video master class in a topic from a professional: