Do you like salted fish homemade salting? Make it your signature dish: study these best recipes, practice and become a master of homemade pickled mackerel .-
Salty and smoked seafood is very loved by our compatriots. If earlier we safely bought a finished product, then in modern times due to the abundance of carcinogens, dyes and flavor enhancers, salted fish cannot be called useful. How to salt mackerel at home, many hostesses are trying to find out. A step-by-step recipe for salting is very simple, and the fish comes out very tasty, healthy and without the addition of harmful substances.
Mackerel: useful properties
This fish species is considered the leader in the content of fluorine, cobalt and chlorine. In addition, mackerel is an excellent source of protein, only a 100-gram piece of fish contains up to half the daily protein norm.
It is known that our body needs fats for normal functioning. Unlike animal fats (pork, veal), unsaturated mackerel fats are healthier and easier to digest. It has been proven that omega-3 fatty acids that are present in fish prevent the development of cardiovascular diseases, improve brain activity, and prevent blood clots. Regular consumption of mackerel reduces the risk of asthmatic bronchitis, rheumatoid arthritis, atherosclerosis .-
How to choose mackerel for salting
Most recipes use 2-3 fish. Give preference to large or medium sized mackerels. Small fish are bony, and also not as fatty as large ones. The average weight of mackerel suitable for salting is 300 g.
When choosing seafood, pay attention to its appearance. Fresh mackerel has a slight fishy smell. A sharp strong aroma should alert. To the touch, the carcass should be elastic and slightly moist .-
Normal - the fish has a light gray color. If you notice yellow streaks on the carcass or a yellowish tint, be careful. Most likely, the fish was either thawed several times and then frozen again, or it is old, which will negatively affect the taste after cooking. To pickle fish, choose only a fresh product, not frozen or freshly frozen. The photo shows fresh mackerel.
How to salt mackerel at home: recipes
In order for the fish to turn out to be tasty, juicy, moderately salty, you need to know how to properly salting. Initially, it is worth determining whether the mackerel is slightly salted, slightly salted or dried, take into account the factor of whether the product is used fresh, frozen or fresh-frozen. The amount of salt that will be needed for cooking, as well as how much liquid the mackerel will release during salting, depends on this. This method of cooking seafood allows you to save all its useful properties.
Salted mackerel slices
You will need:-
- 2 pcs. mackerel (approximate size 700-800 g);
- A glass of water (200-250 ml);
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 1 PC. bay leaf;
- 1 tsp ground coriander;
- 3 pcs. carnations.
- If desired, add 1 tsp for aroma. dried basil.
Cooking sequence: -
- We prepare the marinade: pour water into the pan, add sugar, salt and all the spices according to the recipe. Bring the water to a boil, stirring occasionally so that the grains of sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from heat, cover and leave until the marinade is completely cooled.
- In the meantime, let's fish. We thoroughly wash it, cut off the fins and head, cut it and get rid of the insides. Gently remove the ridge. Cut into medium sized pieces.
- In a dry clean jar we add the prepared seafood in layers and fill it with the cooled marinade.
- We seal the lid. Leave at room temperature for 2 hours. Then we remove the jar in the refrigerator for a day .-
- After 24 hours, the salted mackerel is ready to eat. Serve it with onion rings, watering with a few drops of vegetable oil .-
You can not only salt fish, read how to cook baked mackerel - this recipe was highly appreciated by true gourmets!
Whole salted mackerel
According to this recipe, the finished whole fish will look like a smoked product, but during cooking it will not be subjected to heat treatment .-
- 3 mackerels;
- 1300 ml of water;
- 3 tbsp. l with a slide of salt;
- 1.5 tbsp. l with a hill of sugar;
- black tea - 2 tbsp. l .;
- onion peel (the more the better) about three full handfuls.
Cooking sequence: -
- Cooking brine: put a pot of water on the fire. Add all the spices according to the recipe. We also send carefully washed onion husks to the pan. We are waiting for the brine to boil, make the fire smaller and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for another five minutes. Remove from heat, cool to room temperature and filter through a sieve .-
- The fish need to remove the head, tail and entrails. Then we wash it under running water, remove excess moisture with a paper towel .-
- We put the carcasses in a large container of suitable size, preferably glass.
- Pour with cooled brine so as to completely cover the mackerel.
- We cover the dishes with a lid and leave it to salt for 12 hours at room temperature. Then we put the capacity in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Twice a day we turn the fish over to another barrel .-
- After 4 days, the fish is ready to eat .-
Mackerel in brine
You will need:
- 2 fish;
- 3 pcs. onions;
- 2 pcs. cloves;
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- 50 ml of vinegar 9%;
- 3-5 pcs. allspice;
- 3-5 pcs. black pepper peas;
- 3 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 5 pieces. bay leaf .-
- At the stage of preparing the fish, you need to wash it and remove all the insides, tail, head and fins. Cut into small pieces.
- Cut the onion into thin half rings.
- Mix a glass of water with all the spices from the recipe, including with oil and vinegar. We can add 3-4 slices of lemon, 2-3 carrots, cut into strips. Mix thoroughly. The spicy fill is ready.
- We spread the fish in a glass container, transfer the layers with onions .-
- Pour brine on top to completely cover the fish.
- Cover and shake several times.
- We send pickle in the refrigerator for two days .-
Salt mackerel without water
- 2 pcs. Mackerel
- 4 tsp salts;
- 1 tsp granulated sugar;
- 2 pcs. bay leaf;
- 6-8 pcs. black pepper peas;
- 1 tsp vegetable seasoning with slices of carrots .-
- In fish, remove the entrails, tail, head and fins. Rinse and dry.
- Cut into slices 1.5 cm wide;
- Mix salt with sugar, add all other spices according to the recipe. To make the dressing more spicy, and moderate salting, add 2 tsp. mustard or mustard powder.
- Carefully roll the fish pieces in this mixture, put it tightly in a container with a lid.
- We remove to prepare in the refrigerator for 2 days .-
Salted mackerel with liquid smoke
The use of liquid smoke will allow you to smoke mackerel at home, without the use of a smokehouse.
You will need:
- 3 fish;
- 1 liter water;
- 4 tbsp. l black tea;
- 4 tbsp. l salts;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 4 tbsp. l liquid smoke (it adds a smoked flavor to the finished dish).
- We clean and wash the mackerel. We remove excess moisture with paper towels.
- Add salt, sugar, tea and boil in water. Cool down.
- Pour liquid smoke into a cold brine .-
- We put the mackerel in a glass container and fill it with brine.
- Close the lid, put it in a cold place, smoking takes three days .-
Salt mackerel without vinegar
- 1 mackerel;
- 3 tbsp. l salts;
- 5 pieces. bay leaf;
- 2 tbsp. l special seasoning for fish.
- Gut the fish, rinse and dry.
- Boil a liter of water with spices, spices and seasonings indicated in the list .-
- Cool the brine to room temperature .-
- Pour them fish in a container suitable for this.
- Close the lid and put in the refrigerator, pickling lasts 2-3 days.
- After cooking, serve with Korean cabbage, salted cucumbers.
If you find that the mackerel has an unpleasant odor, you can get rid of it if you soak the fish in water for 30-40 minutes. This video will help you cook and salt a dry salted mackerel deliciously and demonstrate a quick way to salt a fish. Note: Remember, the finished product must be stored only in the refrigerator, but not in the freezer.
Learn how to salt pink salmon at home .-
Home-made dry salted mackerel, recipe. Yummy !!! Homemade herring. How to pickle herring?