Bleeding is an unpleasant thing, especially if it starts for no reason. So that it does not overtake you by surprise, study this information and remember the procedure for stopping blood from the nose.
Due to the large accumulation of blood vessels in the nose of a person, sometimes even a minor blow or injury causes bleeding. How to stop blood from the nose? In some cases, it is better to immediately seek help from doctors, but in other situations this problem can be successfully solved at home. How to do this, read on.
What to do with nosebleeds
First of all, you need to determine how serious the situation is. Please note after which the bleeding occurred and how intense it is.
It happens that the blood drips a little and stops by itself. A little bleeding can also really be stopped on its own. If the blood flows violently and is accompanied by other signs (serious damage to the skin, fainting, darkening in the eyes, hysteria, or increased pressure) or bleeding is complicated by chronic diseases of the blood, cardiovascular system, you must urgently call an ambulance and follow the instructions of the telephone operator before arrival doctor.- -
Causes of nosebleeds
Take a look at this list. Each of the items can cause nosebleeds.
- Overheating of the body;
- Decreased blood coagulability;
- Weak vessels;
- Nasal trauma;
- Inflammatory processes in the nasal passage;
- High blood pressure;
- Pathology of the cardiovascular system;
- Serious illnesses, such as: leukemia or anemia;
- Decreased platelet production in the body;
- Taking medications;
- The presence of neoplasms in the nasal passage.
What may precede nosebleeds
Sometimes, before the appearance of nosebleeds, the head begins to hurt, discomfort in the nasal cavity is felt, dizziness or tinnitus occurs. The presence of at least one of these signs may indicate an early onset of bleeding.
This situation can happen in everyone, but most of the questions this situation causes when it occurs in a small child, during pregnancy or at high pressure.
How to stop the nosebleed in young children
- To begin with, the child must be seated so that blood can flow out freely.
- Ice should be placed on the bridge of the nose, neck or forehead. If it is not, you can take any cold product from the refrigerator. Legs should be warm at this time.
- Press the wing of the nostril, from which the blood flows, to the septum for 15 seconds. During this time, bleeding should stop.
- If the blood is flowing violently, place a swab in the nostril that is moistened with a small amount of hydrogen peroxide (just salt water is also suitable), or use vasoconstrictor drops.
To prevent this condition, it is important for the child to more often be in the fresh air (in any weather). It helps to strengthen vessels swimming and hardening. Humidify the air periodically in the room where the child is most likely to spend time. It is important that his diet is varied and contains all the necessary trace elements and vitamins.
In young children, nosebleeds often cause frequent picking in the nose. Take care that the child does not. If the cause of the problem is physical activity, it is necessary to review the daily routine of the baby and reduce them.
How to stop nosebleeds during pregnancy
Sit so that it flows freely from the nasal cavity. Follow the instructions below.
First, clamp both nostrils for 15-20 seconds. If this does not help, try inserting a wet swab dipped in salt water or hydrogen peroxide into your nose.
The ice attached to the bridge of the nose helps well. You can press the upper lip and hold your finger like that for 20 seconds. During this time, bleeding should stop. Otherwise, it is recommended to call a doctor.
How to stop blood from the nose at high pressure
As mentioned above, sometimes nosebleeds appear against the background of high blood pressure. In order to stop the flow of blood from the nose with hypertension or a sudden increase in pressure, you must first sit down or lie down (the head should be raised). Next, insert a cotton wool in the nose, dipping it before it in hydrogen peroxide or salt water, and calmly sit or lie down for 5-10 minutes. If the problem persists, call an ambulance.
What could make matters worse
When you try to stop the blood flowing from the nose, some factors can aggravate the condition.
- Blood must not be allowed to enter the respiratory tract. To do this, lying on the bed, raise the head with a high pillow. It is also not recommended to throw your head back. Blood must be spit.
- When lying down, raising the legs leads to redirection of blood towards the head, and this can provoke new bleeding from the nose. Avoid this posture when stopping blood.
- Strong anxiety and drinking tea or coffee raises blood pressure. Try to calm down and do not drink these drinks to avoid an increase in blood flow.
- At the time of stopping blood, a crust forms in the nose, which, like a cork, stops bleeding. If you try to blow your nose immediately after this, blood may again go. So, do not rush to bow out.
When to see a doctor
Medical assistance is necessary if:
- When you try to stop the blood from the nose, you felt a wound or some damage in the nasal cavity;
- Bleeding lasts more than 15 minutes, and you can’t stop it;
- You have frequent nosebleeds (repeatedly during the week, for no apparent reason).
Alternative methods of stopping nosebleeds
Standard recommendations were listed above, but there is the opportunity to turn to effective traditional medicine.
Try to drip your nose with freshly squeezed lemon juice, a few drops in each nostril. You can dip a cotton swab in lemon juice and insert it into your nose for several minutes. Change it if necessary.
If there is nettle at hand (let's say you are in nature), squeeze juice out of it and insert a cotton swab moistened with this juice into your nose.
Some people successfully stop nasal blood su-jok. To do this, you need to tie the thumb around the middle of the nail (use a rubber band or twine for this) and hold it for 10 minutes. According to the su-jok technique, a reflex zone corresponding to the area of the nose is located in this place.
Due to increased air dryness, nosebleeds can also occur. For example, when heating is turned on, the air in apartments and offices becomes much drier than at other times. Improving the situation will help a properly selected humidifier, placing wet towels on the batteries, spraying the room with a spray bottle, frequent airing or indoor plants.
When the nasal mucosa dries, crusts may form on it. To avoid this phenomenon, try to instill it periodically with 2-3 drops of rosehip oil or sea buckthorn oil.
If bleeding in your case is associated with increased fragility of blood vessels, consult your doctor. The vessels of rutin and ascorbic acid are well strengthened.
With reduced blood coagulability, it is recommended to drink tea from herbs (yarrow, plantain, nettle, bird highlander, fruits and leaves of sea buckthorn). A 5-10% solution of calcium chloride helps to reduce the permeability of the walls of blood vessels. It is necessary to take it after a meal, 2-3 times a day in a 1 teaspoon.
Blood can also clot poorly if vitamin K is lacking. Use lettuce, spinach, bananas, all kinds of cabbage, avocados, soy, wheat bran, eggs, meat, olive oil and dairy foods. And you will help your body cope with this problem.
First Aid Kit. Nose bleed.Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.