The favorite dish of both adults and children are cod fish cakes. They are cooked in a double boiler, oven or by frying in a pan. Due to the properties of cod, dishes from it are not only amazingly tasty, but also very useful.
Cod is a low-calorie product that contains a large amount of amino acids, protein, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and a low amount of fat. It is well absorbed by the body. The calorie content of fish cakes per 100 g is not more than 153 Kcal. Therefore, it has become one of the most popular ingredients in cooking.
How to Make Cod Fish Cakes
For 16 pcs you will need cutlets:
- 1-1.3 kg of cod;
- 1 egg
- 50 g mayonnaise;
- 1 onion;
- crumb of half a regular loaf;
- half a glass of milk;
- half a teaspoon of black pepper;
- 3-5 branches of basil, parsley;
- a bag of breadcrumbs or half a glass of flour;
- refined cooking oil for frying .-
Cooking cod fish cakes:
- Soak the loaf in milk. The loaf can be replaced with plain white bread.
- Cooking fish. To do this, wash the carcass, cut off the fins and clean the fish from the skin. We remove the central bone. For those who do not want to bother with cutting fish, a ready-made fillet is sold, but it costs a little more .-
- We twist the finished fillet either in a meat grinder or using a blender. The grinding method in this case does not matter.
- We do the same with onions. But in this case, it would be better to use a blender. To do this, we cut the previously cleaned and washed onion into 4 parts and send it to the blender bowl.
- Soaked bread thoroughly knead to a mushy state. Wring.
- In a deep cup, spread the minced fish, onion, bread. Add 1 chicken egg, season with basil and parsley, black pepper and add salt .-
- Mix the mass thoroughly and leave for 10 minutes. If excess liquid forms, drain it.
- From the minced meat we form cutlets. We take a cutting board, pour bread crumbs on it or about half a glass of flour. We form cutlets from minced fish and roll them in breadcrumbs or flour. After that, immediately lay out the patties in a preheated pan with vegetable oil.
- Fry fish cakes on both sides until golden brown. They fry very quickly. We spend 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Cutlets are ready. Serve them best with rice or mashed potatoes.
In addition to this recipe, there are many other recipes for delicious cod cutlets, sometimes unusual. So, one of the original options is a dish using cottage cheese.
Cod cutlets with cottage cheese -
- 0.5 kg cod fillet;
- 250 g of cottage cheese; -
- one medium onion; -
- one chicken egg; -
- greens (basil, celery, parsley); -
- 3 slices of loaf or white bread; -
- one glass of vegetable oil;
- spices for fish; -
- flour for breading or crackers; -
- one lemon.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Take the fillet and sprinkle with juice.
- In a separate bowl, soak the bread in milk.
- Finely chop the onion and pass it in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Grind cod fillet and soaked bread in a blender.
- In a deep bowl, mix the minced meat, egg and sauteed onions. Knead thoroughly.
- Finely chop the greens and send to the minced meat.
- Add cottage cheese and spices.
- We form cutlets, bread them and fry them.
- We put the finished meatballs in a deep pan, add water, cover and simmer for about 7 minutes over low heat.
- Serve the dish with herbs or fresh vegetables.
The recipe for cod cutlets with oatmeal
To prepare this dish you must:
- 700 g of cod (fillet);
- 1 onion; -
- one glass of oatmeal; -
- black pepper;-
- juice of half a lemon; -
- 100 g butter;
- vegetable oil for frying;
- 2 eggs;-
- parsley and basil.
- We clean the onions and fish fillets and grind in a blender.
- We shift the minced meat into a deep bowl and add 0.5 cups of oatmeal.
- Salt, pepper, add lemon juice and knead the minced meat until smooth.
- Boil the eggs. Let cool, clean and cut them into small cubes. We send to the stuffing.
- We form cue balls. In the middle of each of them put a teaspoon of butter .-
- Grind the remaining oatmeal in a blender and breaded cutlets in them.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- We wrap each cue ball in parchment and send it to the oven for 15 minutes.
Homemade Cod Diet Cutlet Recipe
This recipe is an ideal dish for children's diet food .-
For him, we need the following products:
- 300 g of cod (filet);
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 1 medium sized potato;
- spices to taste;
- 1 carrot
- 5 leaflets of spinach;
- 1 onion head;
- 2 slices of white bread (loaf);
- 50 g of flour;
- 2 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 4-5 lettuce leaves.
- Rinse the cod fillet thoroughly. Select the bones.
- Cut into small pieces to make the fish easier to twist.
- In this recipe, we pass the fillet through a meat grinder, then we do the same with potatoes, carrots, slices of white bread and onions.
- We sort the leaves of spinach, wash and cut into small pieces, select the processes.
- Put the leaves in the resulting stuffing, mix with your hands, add spices and salt to taste.
- We form cue balls.
- Blend them in flour and fry in olive oil, over low heat.
- Put lettuce leaves on a plate, place ready-made meatballs on them.
According to this recipe, meatballs are allowed to cook in a steam bath.
For lovers of a healthy diet, a recipe for steamed fish cutlets from cod will be interesting. It will require the same set of products as in the previous recipe, with the exception of lettuce, spinach, and frying oil. Sour cream is replaced with milk.
In the process of preparing the fillet, we pass it twice through a meat grinder along with a loaf and onion. The resulting mass is pepper, salt, add milk, egg and seasoning to taste. Curry is good for this recipe. Seasoning makes the color of the meatballs richer. Mix the mass and make the meatballs. We spread them on the grill in a double boiler and cook for about 30 minutes.
To prepare the meatballs in the oven, you will need a set of products indicated in any of the recipes listed above. The difference lies in the cooking method. We cover the baking sheet with baking paper and lay out the beaters on it. We send the pan to the oven, heated to 200 degrees for 30 minutes .-
Learn how to cook chum salmon in the oven.
Useful tips from experienced chefs
- In order to make the cutlets more detail, you should add a couple of celery stalks, a couple of spoons of sour cream or a little pork fat to the minced meat (gram 150) .-
- Minced fish for these recipes may include several different types of fish. It is better if oily and dry fish are combined. For example, cod and coho salmon, cod and chum salmon, grenadier or pink salmon. Cod is perfect with red fish.
- Mayonnaise added to the mince will add juiciness to the dish. Chips with mayonnaise are more tender and get a more pleasant taste.
- If the minced meat is liquid, it is worth adding bread to it .-
For a snack we suggest watching a video recipe for cod fish cutlets from a professional: -
Cod cutlets with vegetables