In the daily and festive diet, mayonnaise sauce takes pride of place. Shop sauce is made with the addition of harmful preservatives and dyes, and you stand on guard of family health? Check out recipes and tips for making mayonnaise at home.
Classic mayonnaise at home
Quantity: 200 ml
Calories: 570 kcal per 100 g
Proteins - 5 g
Fats - 60 g
Carbohydrates - 4.5 g
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes.
- High-quality refined olive oil (sometimes replaced with sunflower, but then the finished sauce will have a distinct characteristic flavor, which is not suitable for all dishes) - 150 ml
- Fresh chicken eggs (if possible, use domestic chicken eggs, their yolks have a bright yellow color and the sauce will come out in a beautiful shade) - a couple of pieces
- Sugar - a teaspoon with a slide
- Salt - 3 g
- ½ tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ready mustard - 1 hour. l (if you only want to make provence sauce, otherwise it will not be needed)
- Prepare the egg yolks by disconnecting them from the proteins (chicken proteins are not part of this recipe).
- In a deep bowl with a whisk, combine the yolks with salt and sugar. Continue whisking the ingredients clockwise .-
- Pour in a little oil (by teaspoon) and continue to work with a whisk without stopping .-
- Then add acidifier (lemon juice) and mustard. Ready sauce should have a smooth uniform consistency of a beautiful color, as shown in the photo. The density of mayonnaise depends on the amount of oil added and is added at your discretion.
The specified recipe corresponds to the composition of French sauces, which is regulated by GOST. Its taste is similar to the storey “Skeet” or “Ryaba”.
If you like to make hair masks, a mask from homemade classic mayonnaise will benefit your hair. It contains such ingredients, valuable for the beauty of hair, as olive oil and egg yolks, which strengthen hair roots.
The correct sequence for making mayonnaise at home, see the video tutorial.
MAYONESIS home (classic)
Homemade egg-free mayonnaise
- Refined (required) sunflower oil - 250 ml
- Chilled pasteurized milk of any fat content (even skimmed is suitable) - 150 ml
- Ready Russian mustard - 1.5 tsp.
- A little salt and sugar - about ½ tsp.
- A pair of tablespoons of vinegar
- In a deep container with a mixer, beat milk and butter .-
- Add vinegar, salt, mustard and whisk again at high speed. The mixture will begin to thicken in almost a few seconds.
- It remains to introduce sugar and another 5 seconds to beat the mixture in the mixer.
Enjoy your meal!-
The shelf life of this mayonnaise is equal to the shelf life of milk indicated on the product packaging.
In a blender
- Refined vegetable oil (some chefs say that when adding olive oil the product is slightly bitter, therefore, it is recommended to use high-quality refined sunflower oil) - 150 ml
- One chicken egg
- A teaspoon of ordinary Russian mustard
- Salt - ¼ tsp (if it seems a little, then slightly add salt)
- Half a teaspoon of sugar
- 15 ml of lemon juice
- On request - unsalted spices, dried herbs
- In a bowl, mix the salt with sugar, lemon juice and dried herbs (they add a spicy flavor to the product).
- Use a tall glass for a submersible blender or a jar whose bottom is slightly larger than the diameter of the blender's leg. Pour the oil and mixed ingredients from point 1 into the container. Do not mix!
- Add the mustard and beat the egg. When hammering an egg, try to keep the yolk whole. This condition is mandatory.
- Lower the blender leg into the bottom of the bowl so that the egg yolk is inside the blades.
- Turn on the appliance for 10 seconds, but do not lift it and do not stop it .-
- Then whisk the mixture again for about 7 seconds.
A product prepared according to this recipe will turn out to be tasty and thick, and in its characteristics will be similar to the Makeev or Sloboda store mayonnaise. The host of the culinary program "Eat at Home" Julia Vysotskaya actively uses such a scheme for preparing sauce for her dishes.
How to make mayonnaise at home from quail eggs
If you want to make a sauce that resembles Mr. Ricco mayonnaise to your taste, then use the above classic recipe or a sauce recipe using a blender. Here you will need quail eggs, 4 pieces of which replace one chicken. Follow the technology and steps of the workshops described in the instructions .-
How to cook lean mayonnaise-
- A glass of wheat flour
- Three glasses of still water
- 8 tablespoons of refined sunflower oil
- Lemon juice - 3 tablespoons
- Mustard Take As Much As Lemon Juice
- 5 g of sugar and salt
- Add a little water to the sifted flour and grind with a whisk, getting rid of lumps. Pour in the remaining water and grind again .-
- Place the container with the mixture in a water bath. Readiness is checked by the degree of density of the mass. Do not forget to stir, otherwise the sauce will burn and stick. Cool .-
- In a separate plate, combine the oil with mustard, add lemon juice, sugar and salt. Mix. Enter the flour mixture in small portions. Use a mixer for whipping .-
- Once the sauce has a smooth, smooth consistency, the mayonnaise will be considered ready.
This recipe is suitable for fasting people who monitor their cholesterol levels. The resulting mayonnaise is considered light, low-calorie and vegetarian .-
The royal taste of this sauce will appeal to lovers of the unusual and original. Some cooks use it as a dressing for Caesar salad, which is additionally sprinkled with cashew nuts on top.
- A small glass of soybean oil
- Few eggs
- Rice Vinegar 15 ml
- White Passo Miso - 50 g
- Japanese Yuzu Lemon - 1 pc.
- A small pinch of salt
- A little white ground pepper
- You will need only egg yolks. Rub them into a homogeneous mass.
- Add rice vinegar and beat the mass with a whisk.
- Pour in soybean oil in a small trickle and constantly whisk the composition with a whisk.
- Introduce the miso paste into the mixture and beat it again.
- Grate the zest of lemon yuzu on a grater, add it to the sauce along with a pinch of white ground pepper and salt.
- Beat everything thoroughly again. Mayonnaise is ready! -
There are other varieties of homemade sauce. So, some people like mustard-free mayonnaise. To do this, they prepare the sauce according to the classic recipe, only mustard is excluded from the composition of the ingredients. It turns out a gentle sauce with a sweet taste, perfect for children's dishes. Others only like the sauce of milk and vegetable oil, the recipe of which we have given above .-
What can be replaced with mayonnaise: a guide for those who protect the figure
Do not want to use mayonnaise dressing for your dishes - prepare a sauce of sour cream, which has significantly fewer calories. You just need to add chopped fresh herbs, a pinch of salt and dried herbs to the sour cream. For piquancy, add another finely chopped pickle and mix .-
An interesting salad dressing is used in the Ducane diet: low-fat soft cottage cheese (200 g) is mixed with two egg yolks, ½ tsp. mustard, a pinch of salt, ¼ cup refined vegetable oil, a tablespoon of lemon juice. The ingredients are thoroughly whipped in a blender. If the sauce seems too thick, add a little more oil .-
Useful tips from experienced chefs
- To give a yellowish tint to mayonnaise, provided there are no eggs with a bright yolk, add a small pinch of turmeric to the ingredients .-
- The sauce will be evenly mixed and thick if all the mixing products are at the same temperature.
- The shelf life of homemade mayonnaise is no more than three days in the refrigerator .-
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice is best suited as an acidifier. If you did not find it, add plain vinegar, but not apple .-
- Spice mayonnaise will help to add a new touch to the dish. Include dried herbs, capers, dill, garlic or even cheese in it, and your salads and snacks will acquire a unique original flavor.
It is interesting to learn how you make homemade mayonnaise. Share your recipes and tips in the comments!