It is believed that only pet owners are faced with an unpleasant odor coming from the carpet. In addition, the smell appears if the carpet is stored in a damp or smoky room. Unfortunately, some old stains (such as vomiting, paint, etc.) can only be cleaned with dry cleaning.
At home, it’s easy to remove unpleasant odors from the carpet yourself using substances found in any kitchen. One of them is ordinary baking soda. There are two ways to clean things with it:
- Mix two tablespoons of soda with room-temperature drinking water until gruel is obtained. Apply to traces of dirt and leave for 15 minutes. After a while, collect the powder with a brush, and remove the residue with a vacuum cleaner.
- The second option for eliminating unpleasant aroma involves the use of essential oils. If the smell is very strong and does not disappear after the first cleaning, add a few drops to the wet soda mass. Essential oils can be purchased at a pharmacy or specialty store. The scent of orange, lemon, mint, spruce or tea tree is suitable for cleaning the house.
Pet owners know that after them you need to clean not only wool. Sometimes animals defecate outside the tray. With a solution of hydrogen peroxide, it is easy to clean the carpet from the smell of ammonia contained in the urine of pets. It is important to remember that cleaning with this product should not be carried out if the product is synthetic. From hydrogen peroxide, tissue can shed. Operating procedure:
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- If you want to enhance the effect of the product, pour 2 tablespoons of liquid detergent for dishes in 1 liter of the resulting liquid or pour 20 g of washing powder.
- Soak a pile of flooring and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the product.
The following method is universal because it is non-toxic and perfectly refreshes indoor air. A solution of 9% vinegar can destroy not only repulsive aroma, but also mold fungus:
- pour 100 ml of liquid into 1 liter of water;
- treat the floor with the solution, paying special attention to contaminated places - cat marks, spots of vomiting, mold;
- repeatedly, the product can not be washed off with clean water, since it is harmless, but you need to ventilate the room.
Special solutions will help to cope even with complex pollution and stubborn odors. They effectively clean by deodorizing the fibers. Before working with ready-made compounds, carefully read the instructions. For example, products with bleach can not be applied to dyed fabrics, and Vanish is not suitable for wool and silk. The following industrial solutions with powders for carpet cleaning are used:
- Unpleasant odors are successfully removed by neutralizers ORANGE-OXY, Bio-GM, Dezosan.
- For wet cleaning, break down containing natural enzymes is suitable. The tool easily copes with the aroma of tobacco, as well as ammonia. In addition, it effectively dissolves the proteins contained in cat urine and emit a terrible smell.
- Old stains will be removed by the following shampoos for carpet - Vanish, Drop Vox, 5+.
- Udalix Ultra and Vanish powders together with enzymes contain oxygen bleach, which not only copes with pollution, but also refreshes the color of the product.
- As an active stain remover, the Help tool is used. It must be sprayed onto a stain and rubbed with a sponge.
- Soap Antipyatin is able to clean stubborn stains. This tool, in addition to removing contaminants, has a refreshing deodorizing effect.
Cleansers are available in several forms (solid soap, spray, liquid or powder), the procedure for processing things with them is as follows:
- Observe safety precautions when working with household chemicals - wear gloves, goggles and a respirator before removing contaminants.
- Solid soap - after wetting the cloth, rub it with a damp bar. Leave the product for half an hour, then wash.
- Spray and active foam - apply the substance to the stain, rub it with a brush. After that, clean with a washing vacuum cleaner or wash. Dry the cleaned product.
- Liquid and powder - dissolve the required amount of cleaner in 1 liter of water, then apply it to the product. Rinse the material after 20-30 minutes, then dry it.
If the smell is caused by mold, then the best way to deal with it is quartz. Mustiness occurs due to excessive moisture or storage of the product in conditions of high humidity. Natural fibers are more susceptible to fungal development. Ventilation and drying of the material in the sun can solve the problem, but they have a number of disadvantages: they are not suitable in frosty, damp weather. In addition, bright rays contribute to the fading of paints. Quartzing has no minuses, but you need to purchase a special lamp for it.