Do you know the burning sensation in the back, neck, the feeling of unbearable heaviness in the legs after a working day? Sedentary work, physical inactivity lead to blood pressure, impaired supply of oxygen to the brain. To avoid problems of the supporting system, improve the blood supply will help massage the back, legs, neck. How to choose a massage chair and why are they becoming increasingly popular? Providing a hardware massage procedure, modern models will be able to replace not only a massage therapist, but also cope with the functions of a consultant by scanning your muscles and spine.
Types of massage chairs
The consumer market of "smart technology" offers customers a huge selection of models of massage chairs, presented in three categories:
1. Vending. They have a large selection of programs for influencing the muscles of the neck, back, legs, differing in strength, methods, types of applied procedures. A feature of massage chairs for business is the availability of a bill acceptor for cash with a face value of 10 to 100 rubles. To get a hardware massage service, you just need to lower the required amount of money into the banknote receiver and select the procedure of interest. Vending models of massage chairs are manufactured both by well-known manufacturers of Japan, Europe and the USA, as well as by rapidly progressing Chinese and Taiwanese companies:
- Yamaguchi (Japan) .Presented by the Yamaguchi YA-200 model range in the price range from 115 to 135 thousand rubles.
- Inada (Japan) offers a model with zero gravity capabilities INADA Zero-G medical and INADA Yume ROBO, which can be purchased through online stores and network representatives of the company.
- US Medica (USA) presents a business version of the US Medica 4-Expert massager with the capabilities of acupuncture massage, Shiatsu, air-compression procedures worth 125 thousand rubles.
Legen (China) presents a budget version of LEGEN Tory with a spinal correction system costing from 122.5 thousand rubles.
2. Office. These are office models with a built-in roller mechanism, as well as a vibration function. The mechanism of action is similar to the usual wraps-massagers. The price of the most popular models is from
- US Medica (USA). US Medica Chicago has the ability to vibration, kneading and roller massages costing from 40.5 to 45 thousand rubles.
- GESS (Germany). Kӧnig allows you to adjust the height of the headrest, seat for any height. The hardware effect on the back muscles is performed due to air cushions in the absence of a roller mechanism. The price is 17 thousand rubles.
- EGO (Singapore). The EGO Boss EG1100 model is designed for the Russian consumer. The price is from 48 to 50 thousand rubles.
- iRestPowerChair GJ-B2B-1 (China) has the functions of air, roller massages with the help of tapping, kneading and stretching actions. The cost is from 36 thousand rubles.
3. For home. The most extensive category of "smart massagers", numbering up to 100 types of models in the price range of 50 thousand rubles.
Criterias of choice
To figure out how to choose massage chairs for the home, you should study the basic parameters that most modern models have. If earlier versions of “artificial massage therapists” primarily affected the muscles of the back and neck using roller massage or heating, then the latter variations have unique capabilities.
Created with the direct participation of leading surgeons, orthopedists, massage chairs of most manufacturers have the functions of zero gravity, preliminary scanning of the body, and also help to perform hardware procedures in the arms, waist, hips. The developers paid special attention to foot and lower leg massage, which relieves leg fatigue.
The high cost of the massager is justified by innovative technologies laid down by the developers. Saving on your own health, with a sedentary lifestyle and low activity, you risk earning osteochondrosis, varicose veins and a host of other chronic diseases.
For installation at home, you will need the availability of free space in the apartment or house because of the weighty dimensions of this piece of furniture. The dimensional characteristics are affected by the vastness of the functions performed: the smaller they are, the smaller the size:
- the average height is from 120 to 150 cm;
- width - no more than 100 cm;
- length takes up to 150 cm.
When purchasing a model with the possibility of "zero gravity", do not forget about the need for additional space when moving to a horizontal plane. In this case, the length can increase to 2 meters.
This is the main indicator that affects the cost of a massage chair. Basic models with a single back massage function start from 98 thousand rubles. With increasing capabilities of the unit, the price increases proportionally. Modern models of chairs have 8 standard and 3 additional built-in functions:
- massage of the back, lower leg, feet, hands, 3D volumetric massage are present in almost all models on the office chair market;
- carrying out hardware procedures in the “zero gravity” position (when the chair helps to change the position of the body from sitting to lying, reducing the load on the musculoskeletal system) provides the opportunity to achieve the greatest effect;
- body scanning is aimed at selecting a special program depending on the weight, height and other anatomical features of a person;
- specialized airbags perform the actions of a "stretching simulator", which is used in medical and physical exercises to restore the health of the spine;
- additional functions in the seats include the ability to listen to music via DVD or MP3-player; built-in control mechanism using a mobile phone, convenient stands for receiving drinks.
The functions of the seats provide the user with the opportunity to carry out the following procedures:
- massage of the cervical spine and back;
- kneading feet and legs;
- stress relief from the area of the hands and forearm;
- 3d massage.
Systems and types of massage effects
Massage is provided by systems of hardware procedures using mechanisms:
- air compression;
The variety of programs embedded in the "brains" of the massage chair provides the effect of affecting the problem points of the motor system, muscular skeleton, and nerve endings. When purchasing an attractive model, pay attention to the list of possible types of exposure:
- stretching of the spine;
- Shiatsu acupressure;
- roller massage;
- heating by infrared radiation;
- air compression procedures;
- Swedish massage.
Most models of massage chairs have both manual and automatic control functions using the remote control. Some developments of manufacturers in Japan, Germany, and China are equipped with computers that regulate the functionality of the device through smartphones and mobile phones of users. The software comes with a massager.
How to choose a home massage chair so that the criterion of "price-quality" suits a potential buyer? The high cost of the equipment requires the presence of basic characteristics that guarantee the durability, quality and effectiveness of the massage performed:
- Design. The latest developments of the companies, presented to the public, are stylish, refined, elegant. The designer finds a combination of light and dark tones of furniture with a covering of the chair itself, streamlined futuristic silhouettes of these rather bulky pieces of furniture give a feeling of lightness and sophistication.
- Upholstery material. Less than 1% of the models available on the Russian market are covered with genuine leather. The remaining share is occupied by a modern coating called eco-leather. The advantages of the latter include: durability, the presence of anti-dust protection, the ability to self-repair forms in the event of deformation; good breathability, anti-allergenic properties.
- Wear resistance of roller massage mechanisms of the chair and the availability of repairs in case of technical problems. From 4 to 6 ergonomic rubberized rollers successfully ensure the durability of a particular model for at least 10 years. This most important parameter in combination with the motor is the main one when choosing a good massage chair for the home.
- The quality of the materials used for accessories and stands "home massagers." Inexpensive massage chairs are made using thin plastic, which can crack during careless handling, accidental shock or temperature changes. In the production of more expensive options, manufacturers use durable material with a special coating-protection from scratches, stains and bumps.
The massage chair market for the home is represented by 23 manufacturers offering users more and more advanced models. Most European and American brands have located manufacturing facilities in China, while the main offices and design bureaus are located in the country of origin of the brand. ISO international certification systems exclude defects or blemishes in the production of massage chairs. Therefore, the inscription "Made in China" is currently not synonymous with negligence and poor quality. Top 10 manufacturers of massage chairs:
- Yamaguchi (Japan) - premium market segment;
- iRest (China) - for middle-class consumers;
- US Medica (USA) - premium class;
- Casada (Germany) - the middle segment of purchasing power;
- Sensa (China) - for middle-income buyers;
- Panasonic (Japan) - premium;
- National (Japan) - premium;
- Anatomico (Italy) - medium;
- Restart (China) - average price characteristic;
- Fujiiryoki (Japan) - super-premium products.
How much does a massage chair cost
Among the most important characteristics when choosing a massage chair is a price indicator, which depends on the “untwisted” and the brand’s prominence, the quality of the furniture produced, as well as the functions performed during hardware massage. The starting price of the basic "simple" model with the sole function of massage the back and the cervical spine is from 90 thousand rubles. With the addition of new features in the form of waist massage, 3D volumetric, scanning or stretching, the cost increases on average by 20-40 thousand rubles.
Prices for mid-range products offered by official representatives of manufacturing companies in Moscow and the region range from 78-150 thousand rubles. The premium class will “pull” from 150 to 350 thousand rubles, and massage items of the interior of the super premium class can cost up to 1250 thousand rubles. The latter are made by individual orders and are often decorated with gold plating (coasters) and Swarovski stones.
Where can I buy-
After deciding on the choice of a particular model, it becomes necessary to determine the place (store) of the purchase. You can buy a massage chair for the house:
- By visiting a store or showroom of official distributors of certain manufacturing companies. The advantages include the reality and accessibility of inspection of a future purchase, the ability to test a massage chair in operation. Among the shortcomings can be distinguished "hidden" surcharges caused by the costs of maintaining staff and renting a room, as well as a "modest" range of goods on offer.
- In a multi-brand salon specializing in the sale of "smart appliances" for home and office. In this store you can compare and test models of massage chairs from different manufacturers.
- Using the services of an online store. This type of shopping is one of the fastest growing in Russia. It allows you to save up to 20% of the cost of offline purchases. In order not to buy a "pig in a poke", you always have the opportunity to visit a real salon or an exhibition of massage chairs, looking at an interesting option for you. Among the advantages include free delivery and assembly of the device.
Find out what a foot massager is, its types and characteristics.
Rating of massage chairsWe bring to your attention the top of the best and most popular massage devices of various manufacturers:
Country brand official
a brief description of
Yamaguchi Axiom Champagne
Has over 500 types of massage modes
Equipped with an LCD monitor, has a scanning system.
Max user weight - no more than 100 kg. Performs roller, compression, stretching, acupressure massages.
US Medica Chicago
Home Massager Office Chair
US Medica Infinity 3D
Equipped with 3d massage function
It has the functions of vibration massage, heating, roller and dot-
Casada Skyliner A300
4 years of free after-sales service. Has a zero gravity mode
Infrared back warming, vibration and compression massage will bring your body to a healthy state
Sensa RT 9100
Over 70 air-cushion pillows provide a combination of different massage techniques
Combined view of hardware massage
Scanning, all kinds of Shiatsu, smart sensor systems
NationalEC 380 d
-Has a Zero-G function, ergonomic structure
National EC 385 Euphoria
It is equipped with the programs "Antistress", "Total muscle relaxation", "Wake Up"
Scanning, tapping, stretch massage
Soft landing, 4 main programs, type of impact - pat
Equipped with S-shaped carriage, has air compression and Shiatsu capabilities
Has 7 levels of customization
Innovative 4d massage technology introduced