The course of treatment with suppositories for hemorrhoids Relief, which have an antipruritic, decongestant, hemostatic effect, is also used for anal itching, eczema and anus fissure. The tool has different types: Advance, Ultra, each of which is prescribed at different stages of the disease - for pain relief or for the treatment of the acute form of the disease.
The simple form Relief is used at stages 1 and 2 of hemorrhoids and in cases where the main symptom is bleeding. The drug is applicable on an ongoing basis, even during pregnancy and lactation. If the manifestation of the disease is external - an ointment is used, if the internal - suppositories. The tool is used to treat hemorrhoids and other problems that occur in the anus.
Relief is available in the form of ointment, gel (used to treat joints), suppositories. The package contains 12 candles, ointment - 28.4 g, gel - 50 and 100 g. The medicine is produced in several countries - Italy, Greece, Germany and Switzerland. It is prescribed by a doctor, but dispensed without a prescription. It is stored 2 years from the date of manufacture. If the ointment is open, then the expiration date does not change. Do not leave the medicine in the sun.
Suppositories, Relief ointment are developed on the basis of several therapeutic components, each of which performs different functions:
- Shark liver oil (or shark fat) is the main component of the medication. The ingredient is rich in vitamins and other useful microelements, with the help of which the product heals wounds, reduces pain. The effect is manifested both during movement and in the process of bowel movement.
- Phenylephrine - has a vasoconstrictor property, which actively removes edema and bleeding. Improves blood flow through the vessels in the hemorrhoids.
- Benzocaine serves as an anesthetic, which provides a freezing effect.
- Cocoa butter and petroleum jelly help to reduce pain and relieve swelling, inflammation.
- Hydrocortisone acetate is an antipruritic, decongestant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory substance.
- Zinc sulfate promotes healing of the mucosa.
Types and purpose
Candles Relief Advance, Relief Ultra, Relief - types of drug, the difference of which is the use of each at different stages of the disease. Any variety has its own description. If, against the background of all the symptoms of the disease, inflammation is most pronounced than anything else, then Ultra candles are prescribed. What is the difference between Relief and Relief Advance? The first is used when the main symptom is bleeding, and the second - with acute pain.
This variety is used for severe pain in the anus or rectum. With only external manifestation, treatment is performed with ointment. With only the internal - suppositories are used. If the disease manifests itself in both options, suppositories and ointment are used simultaneously. During pregnancy or during lactation, a woman should take Relief Advance only as directed by a doctor.
Relief Ultra Candle
Relief Ultra suppositories are used only as part of a comprehensive treatment at elevated body temperature or severe local inflammation. The duration of the course is short, the continuation of therapy is performed by Relief. This type helps with an acute form of hemorrhoids or with its chronic manifestation. Pregnant, mothers during lactation is prohibited to use due to the content of hormonal components in the preparation.
Indications for use
Suppositories and Relief ointment are applicable for bleeding, swelling, inflammation, which are caused by such problems in the anus:
- itching in the anus;
- inflammation of the hemorrhoids (hemorrhoids);
- microtrauma and erosion;
Each medicine has side effects and circumstances in which the use of the drug is prohibited. Among the contraindications to the use of the drug Relief for hemorrhoids, doctors distinguish several:
- Diabetes mellitus of any type.
- Pregnancy or lactation. The first has some compromises: treatment under the supervision of a doctor, a mild form of the drug. During the second - it is contraindicated. This is due to the transportation of substances (nutritious, medicinal, etc.) into the milk of the woman, which threatens the health and immunity of the baby.
- Allergic reactions to the use of suppositories or ointments, intolerance to the components.
- Incorrect thyroid function.
- Itsenko-Cushing's syndrome. A rare disease associated with impaired adrenal gland function (hyperfunction).
Candles Relief - instructions for use
Accepted suppositories from hemorrhoids Relief to apply according to official instructions or individual doctor's prescriptions. Depending on the age of the patient, the type of medicine, the following doses are necessary:
- Up to 12 years of use only under medical supervision.
- Patients from 12 years old use 1 suppository in the morning, 1 before bedtime, 1 after each act of defecation.
- Relief Ultra candles are used up to 4 pcs. in a day.
Putting a suppository into the rectum is a responsible matter, so you should study the instructions or listen to the doctor’s recommendations. Here are some of them:
- Perform the procedure while lying on your back.
- Before introducing a candle, wash with cold water, it is possible with soap. Then pat the anus with a paper or rag to keep your skin dry.
- Wash hands with soap too.
- Before you enter the candle, you need to smear the anus with cream, which contains petroleum jelly. If there is no such cream, wet the sharp side of the suppository with cold water. Actions are necessary so that there are no discomfort when injecting the drug into the rectum.
- The candle in the shell must be left until it completely enters the anus: open it halfway so that the sharp end of the suppository enters the anus. The second, which is held by the hand, will be in a protective shell. As the candle advances, the box remains in the patient's hands, while the fingers do not touch the medicine. This will provide a minimal risk of infection, complications of the disease. The medicine will begin to act already in the first hour.
A course of treatment
Therapy with rectal suppositories is long and can be repeated if necessary. In cases of treatment with strong species - Advance and Ultra, the course of therapy should be no more than 10 days. Depending on the severity of the disease, the patient’s health status, the doctor may prescribe the individual duration of treatment. The dose can be prescribed according to the instructions or as recommended by a doctor.
If hemorrhoids do not go away, then the fault is not necessarily on the medication. Incorrect use, wrong dose, incomplete course of treatment - all this affects the overall effect of therapy. Calling a doctor will solve the problem, because the medicine should be selected by him. The doctor will be able to say whether treatment with drugs will help at all, or just surgery. The operation is needed when the cracks do not heal, thrombosis of hemorrhoidal nodes is formed, bleeding does not stop.
Relief suppositories and all its types (Ultra, Advance) can cause severe side effects during pregnancy and lactation. They are manifested by a violation of the development of the baby's organs both in the womb and when breastfeeding with mother's milk. In other cases, the reception, not exceeding the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor, does not bring any additional problems with the patient’s health and well-being. Some patients have a mild allergic reaction - itching, redness in the anus.
Given a number of features of the drug - possible side effects, prohibited intake during pregnancy and lactation, possible patient intolerance to some components of the medicine, doctors can prescribe one of the analogues. Among them may be:
- Natalside. Available in the form of candles. Consists of natural components - brown algae. The medicine has an anti-inflammatory, antiulcer effect, helps to stop bleeding. Due to its natural basis, the drug is harmless and allowed during pregnancy and lactation. The price of Natalsid is 330 rubles.
- Proctosan. Suppositories eliminate itching, bleeding, pain, and inflammation. The composition contains lidocaine, bismuth, titanium, bufexamak. The drug is not absorbed into the blood - it does not harm the body, does not affect its general condition. You can not use a small child in transition (up to 18 years), when breastfeeding and pregnancy. Proctozan costs 340 rubles.
- Anuzol Analogue of candles Relief, which has additional effects: antiseptic, antispasmodic, drying, astringent. The medicine has a number of side effects: dizziness, convulsions, tachycardia, nausea, intestinal dysfunction, allergic reactions - rash, redness. Anuzol is a cheap drug (unlike Relief), the cost of which is 85 rubles.
- Hemorrhoid. It is intended for the treatment of hemorrhoids with severe itching. People who have problems with urination, blood pressure, thyroid function, diabetes should use the medicine only as directed and under the supervision of a doctor. Can not be used by pregnant women, nursing mothers. The price of the medication is 310 rubles.
How much Relief costs depends on the manufacturer and type of drug. The price policy of candles, ointments looks like this:
Manufacturers price (in rubles)
Online pharmacies offer different discounts when ordering a certain amount. You can find out about such offers by going to the pharmacy website. Ordering medications is possible with a few clicks, following the instructions on the site. Delivery is paid, but inexpensive - from 100 to 300 rubles, depending on the distance of the customer. The main principle of the benefits of orders - the larger the amount, the cheaper the home delivery.
Natalia, 42 years old Relief suppositories for hemorrhoids have been buying for several years. Once the doctor prescribed, and I use them constantly. The medicine quickly eliminates itching, inflammation and pain. Prior to this, the doctor prescribed Natalsid, since I was breastfeeding, and Relief should not be used during this period. Both drugs are effective, fast acting, did not cause side effects.
Irina, 27 years old. After giving birth, I developed acute hemorrhoids. I was breastfeeding - I could not be treated as needed, because during this period most of the drugs are contraindicated for mom. Bottom line: I had to quit feeding and be treated. The surgeon prescribed Relief Ultra. For 10 days of inflammation and pain as never happened. After the course of treatment, the milk disappeared.
Gennady, 48 years old I work at construction sites - I often catch a cold. Once a cold did not come alone - hemorrhoids with acute inflammation developed. I didn’t go to the doctor, colleagues advised Relief. Used the medicine according to the instructions. I repeat the treatment once every six months during the slightest inflammation, so as not to start the disease. Every time I go through a full course - 10 days.
Valentina, 45 years old. Hemorrhoids tormented me for a long time. I have kidney problems, so many drugs are forbidden to me. As a result, doctors prescribed candles with a natural composition, but they did not help. Pain and inflammation decreased, but not hemorrhoids. Then I was discharged Relief, and I became free from pain and itching in the anus. The relief was already on the second day of the course.Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.